Dear friends, we continue to be happily overwhelmed by the generosity, love, and support that we have received from so many. Monetary donations and donations of food and supplies continue to come in, and we are so grateful!
We have also received a lot of messages and inquiries about volunteering, doing events for us, and offers of general assistance. We want to be able to respond as quickly as possible, so these are the people to contact:
We are getting back to people as fast as we can. We appreciate your patience and as always, your support.
Linda Stevens, President, Pet Refuge (NKEAPL)
- Cats: For anything to do with our cats, adoptions, or applications, you can email Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us through Petfinder here: https://www.petfinder.com/member/us/ri/north-kingstown/pet-refuge-ri23/. If it is an urgent cat matter, you can call the shelter at 401-294-1115.
- Fundraising: If you have an idea for a fundraiser or would like to do a fundraiser for us, volunteer at our next event, sponsor an event, or become a corporate partner, you can email Linda at email@example.com
- Emails and mailings: If you would like to sign up for our email list and/or our regular mail list to receive updates and information about what we do at Pet Refuge, you can email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Missing Pets from North Kingstown
At the Pet Refuge, we always want to help people be reunited with their lost pets. That's why we often crosspost missing pets from North Kingstown. So if you have a lost pet and would like our help, please do the following:
- Call the shelter right away at 401-294-1115. The manager can take a description and your name and number.
- If your cat (we don't have dogs) may have gone missing in the Stony Lane area, please email the shelter at email@example.com. Please send your latest vet record and a photo of the cat. You can follow up the email with a phone call to the shelter and the manager can schedule a same-day walk-through so you can look at our cats. Please note that most of our cats are surrenders. However, we will do a walk-through if it is determined that that is best.
- Please notify the shelter ahead of time by phone of your intention to come by so the manager can schedule a visit. Unannounced and unscheduled visits to the shelter to see cats cannot be accommodated.
** IMPORTANT NOTICE **
Due to the coronavirus crisis, we are making a change in shelter protocol. Until further notice, the Pet Refuge is implementing the following effective immediately. For the safety of our staff, only come to the shelter if you are picking up a cat, dropping off a donation, or meeting a cat you have been approved to adopt. You can click on the link below to fill out an online application for our cats listed on Petfinder. If you have any other questions or are interested in adopting but have not filled out an application, please call 401-294-1115 Monday-Saturday from 11-4, and the manager will speak with you. We appreciate everyone's cooperation during this difficult time.