Our Wish List is on Amazon.com
Our WISH LIST is now on Amazon.com. Items that you purchase through Amazon.com can be sent directly to the shelter, making the shopping experience a little easier for those looking to help. Not all items on our original wish list can be found through Amazon.com but we've attempted to list as many items as we can. Also, keep checking back because more items will be added as we go along.
Our Amazon Wish List for those who are interested is located at:
*** For those who may not be familiar with how Amazon works, here's a "step-by-step": ***
Dry Kitten Chow
Strained meat baby food
Cat toys (with or without catnip)
Small stuffed animals for comfort
Small foam or paper plates
Bound rug samples
- First, you will need to set up your own Amazon account and this is very easy to do. Simply go to: https://www.amazon.com/.
You will be asked to provide your email address and a password, shipping address, credit card info, etc. This will be your OWN information - not that of the Pet Refuge. Once you've set up your own account you can find the Pet Refuge page by following the remaining steps.
- On your Amazon home page, look for WISH LIST (Find a Wish List or Registry) on the top right-hand corner of the page, and click.
- In the small box, type in: Pet Refuge No-Kill Animal Shelter. You will be taken to our wish list page.
- Browse the items on our wish list. If you see an item(s) you would like to purchase, simply click on ADD TO CART.
- Once you've made your selections and your order is complete, click on PROCEED TO CHECKOUT. Amazon will ask you to confirm you are signed in to your own account.
- On the next page, you should see two *SHIP TO* addresses; your own on the left and the Pet Refuge on the right. Click on *SHIP TO Pet Refuge* if you would like your items sent directly to the shelter.
- Select your shipping and payment options.
- You will get one final chance to PREVIEW YOUR ORDER before you finalize. If all is correct, then click on PLACE YOUR ORDER. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Amazon in your own email box and should also receive a notice(s) when the items you've selected have been shipped to the Pet Refuge.
- Give yourself a hug for being a very kind animal lover!
- Canned cat food
- Canned kitten food
- Dry Purina One -all stages - cat food
- Monetary donations to help with medical costs
- Flea/tick medicine: Revolution for cats and kittens, or Advantage for cats
Scratch 'n Bits
There is an added option to purchase a bulk bag of 36 catnip toys for $30 with free shipping. The toys are made from durable, long-lasting materials and are stuffed with premium organic catnip.
If you'd like to donate a case of Scratch 'n Bits to the Pet Refuge, visit the Imperial Cat website. Note that you must provide our address when checking out: 500 Stony Lane, North Kingstown, Rhode Island 02852. Thank you!
Imperial Cat is making it easy for the Pet Refuge to receive donations of Scratch 'n Bits scratching pads! Scratching allows cats to stretch and tone their muscles and helps alleviate stress. Scratch 'n Bits are available in three sizes that are purr-fect for use in cat cages and cat rooms. Prices are $25-$30 per case with free shipping.
Stretch and Scratch
Stretch and Scratch for caged cats attach to the cage and keep the cats exercised and entertained. The cats at the shelter love these! The prices as of January 2012 are:
You can check 'em out and order them at www.StretchandScratch.com.
- * 50 scratchers (1 case) - $69.95 (Order 10 cases or more and get 10% off your order!)
- * 25 scratchers - $45
- * 12 scratchers - $25
- Antibacterial hand soap
- 39-gallon trash bags
- Plastic bags
- Paper towels
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwasher detergent
- Large plastic totes
- Postage stamps
- Printer paper
- Paper clips, staples, tape, etc.
- Allie's Tack & Feed
- Tractor Supply Company
- Critter Hut
- Home Depot
- Stop & Shop
- Any business that sells animal food or supplies in Rhode Island
You can help homeless pets
and the environment at the same time by donating these items to the Pet Refuge:
The funds from recycling these items help support the animals, and each item that's recycled is one less object taking up space in an area landfill. You can drop off your items at the Pet Refuge. If no one's there, leave them by the garage door. Thank you!
- Copper items
- Empty aluminum cans (such as soda and beer cans) and anything else made of aluminum