Oct. 1, 2022
You can now donate a bag (or more) of litter through Tractor Supply Co. in North Kingstown, RI. We still use some traditional scoop litter, but we have mostly switched to the pellets (pic below). The dust is reduced for the cats and the staff, and we save money, too! If you would like to donate a bag or bags, you can click the link below for Tractor Supply and order online. Just make sure you use the North Kingstown, RI store and designate Pet Refuge as the recipient. Tractor Supply will put the bags aside and we will be able to pick them up! The link is:
Dear friends, we continue to be happily overwhelmed by the generosity, love, and support that we have received from so many. We have exceeded our GoFundMe goal in just the first week! But we’re not stopping now-there are many cats in need, and we intend to be there for them. Monetary donations and donations of food and supplies continue to come in, and we are so grateful!
We have also received a lot of messages and inquiries about volunteering, doing events for us, and offers of general assistance. We want to be able to respond as quickly as possible, so these are the people to contact:
We are getting back to people as fast as we can. We appreciate your patience and as always, your support.
Linda Stevens, President, Pet Refuge (NKEAPL)
- Cats: For anything to do with our cats, adoptions, or applications, you can email Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us through Petfinder here: https://www.petfinder.com/member/us/ri/north-kingstown/pet-refuge-ri23/
If it is an urgent cat matter, you can call the shelter at 401-294-1115. Applications are available on our "How to adopt" page.
- Fundraising: If you have an idea for a fundraiser or would like to do a fundraiser for us, volunteer at our next event, sponsor an event, or become a corporate partner, you can email Linda at email@example.com
- Emails and mailings: If you would like to sign up for our email list and/or our regular mail list to receive updates and information about what we do at Pet Refuge, you can email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
To participate, please send an email to email@example.com with the name and street address of the person receiving the gift donation. Please also include your name, address and amount donated so that we can send you a thank you for tax purposes. Please contact us 7 business days before you wish the recipient to receive the gift card.
Donations can be by check, paypal, or credit card. The link to PayPal and credit card donations is: "Donations"
Our mailing address is:
Having trouble deciding on a gift? Let us help! For a donation of $10 or more, we will send a cat themed hand made card from Pet Refuge to the person you choose to commemorate any occasion with a gift in their name.
PO Box 83
North Kingstown, RI 02852
Missing Pets from North Kingstown
At the Pet Refuge, we always want to help people be reunited with their lost pets. That's why we often crosspost missing pets from North Kingstown. So if you have a lost pet and would like our help, please do the following:
- Call the shelter right away at 401-294-1115. The manager can take a description and your name and number.
- If your cat (we don't have dogs) may have gone missing in the Stony Lane area, please email the shelter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your latest vet record and a photo of the cat. You can follow up the email with a phone call to the shelter and the manager can schedule a same-day walk-through so you can look at our cats. Please note that most of our cats are surrenders. However, we will do a walk-through if it is determined that that is best.
- Please notify the shelter ahead of time by phone of your intention to come by so the manager can schedule a visit. Unannounced and unscheduled visits to the shelter to see cats cannot be accommodated.
- Applications for cats can continue to be done through our website, nkeapl.org. The manager will review your application and be in touch about an appointment.
** IMPORTANT NOTICE **
Due to the coronavirus crisis, we are making a change in shelter protocol. Until further notice, the Pet Refuge is implementing the following effective immediately. For the safety of our staff, only come to the shelter if you are picking up a cat, dropping off a donation, or meeting a cat you have been approved to adopt. You can click on the link below to fill out an online application for our cats listed on Petfinder. If you have any other questions or are interested in adopting but have not filled out an application, please call 401-294-1115 Monday-Saturday from 11-4, and the manager will speak with you. We appreciate everyone's cooperation during this difficult time.